As a machine assembly technician in the guarding department you will be expected to work independently to build assemblies and guards from MayTec components to engineering drawings, verbal instruction or other documentation. At times provide assistance and instruction to others performing similar work. Work may be repetitious due to the nature of the job. Work to be performed at the lowest cost consistent with quality standards, design requirements and completion schedules.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All essential functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. Employees needing or requesting reasonable accommodation should contact the Human Resources Manager.
- Measure, cut and machine material using provided documentation, measurements and observations performed during construction and verbal instructions.
- Assemble parts per verbal instruction, engineering drawings, sketches or other documentation.
- Provide instruction to other technicians assisting with the construction of assemblies and guards.
- Fabricate or alter parts as required.
- Communicate problems to MayTec sales staff, supervisor or purchasing agent in a timely manner.
- Anticipate requirements and requisition needed components using historical knowledge and the production schedule.
- Work as a team to maximize productivity and quality.
- Provide assistance to others.
- Show a constant interest in learning other activities or skills.
- Participate in job reviews when appropriate.
- Document changes on prints for job reviews.
- Maintain fabrication equipment in good order.
- Maintain orderly work area and cleanup work area at the end of the day.
- Be consistently at work and punctual; clock job times accurately.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Demonstrate application of acquired knowledge from Lean training
- Observe company policy, safety and security procedures.
- Perform all activities in conformance with the AGR Quality System and ISO procedures.
- Ability to setup and operate fabrication equipment including chop saw for cutting aluminum extrusion, panel saw, table saw, drill presses, millers and sheet metal equipment.
- Ability to fabricate parts to + / – 1/64 of an inch.
- Ability to work with hand tools used for the construction processes.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings or other documentation and to work to verbal instructions.
- Ability to instruct others doing similar work.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Utilize most efficient resources for fabricating and measuring parts being made or altered.
- Be knowledgeable in math.
- Valid driver’s license and US passport.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Moderate noise level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Material handling equipment is available at all times.
- Regularly required to use hands for a variety of tasks.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit, occasionally to climb, balance, stoop, kneel.
- Frequently lift 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Good vision and eye / hand coordination.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Friday 2:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Overtime is on an as needed basis and at the direction of the Operations Supervisor.
Travel with reasonable notice, for installation, training and service work.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of machining experience.