Work with minimal supervision to load and operate CNC machines. Also to monitor part quality per engineering drawings, sketches or other documentation, including verbal instruction and using measuring devices. Often tasks assigned may be considered production runs of high quantities. Individual would be expected to perform tool and coordinate offsets as experience is accumulated. Work is to be performed at the lowest cost consistent with quality standards and tolerance requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All essential functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. Employees needing or requesting reasonable accommodation should contact the Human Resources Manager.
- Load parts and operate one or more CNC machine at direction of others.
- Measure parts being fabricated using scales, protractors, micrometers, calipers, indicators or other measurement devices.
- Monitor part quality to engineering drawings or other documentation with minimal supervision.
- Monitor part quality and notify designated person if problems with quality develop.
- Monitor part quality and submit samples to Inspection during production runs.
- Be able to perform secondary operations to verbal instructions, with minimal assistance, using metal working machinery such as millers, drill presses, tapping heads, belt sanders and grinders.
- Produce acceptable parts in a timely manner.
- Submit parts to Inspection.
- Run conventional equipment on occasion. Individual would not be expected to be able to select tooling or perform setups on this equipment.
- Communicate problems to Department Supervisor or Lead in a timely manner.
- Work assigned may be in other departments on occasion.
- Work as a team to maximize productivity and quality.
- Provide assistance to others.
- Show a constant interest in learning other activities or skills.
- Notify designated person if equipment is in need of repair or maintenance.
- Clean equipment when breaking down setup.
- Maintain orderly work area and cleanup work area at the end of the day.
- Be consistently at work and punctual; clock job times accurately.
- Observe company policy, safety and security procedures.
- Perform all activities in conformance with the AGR Quality System and ISO procedures.
- Ability to use measuring equipment as directed.
- Ability to judge when problems are developing based on monitoring results.
- Ability to work with hand tools.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings or other documentation and to work to verbal instructions with minimal assistance.
- Be able to learn how to perform tool and coordinate offsets during first two years of experience.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide using inch and metric units of measure.
- Routinely exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Routinely exposed to metal cutting emulsions and oils.
- Little risk of electrical shock.
- Moderate noise level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Material handling equipment is available at all times.
- Regularly required to use hands for a variety of tasks.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit, occasionally to climb, balance, stoop, kneel.
- Frequently lift 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Good vision and eye / hand coordination.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Overtime is on an as needed basis and at the direction of the Operations Supervisor.
No Travel required.
Preferred Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent
Completion of a Tool Maker or Machinist Apprenticeship or equivalent and four to six years of experience.
Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor. Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.