An electrical controls draftsperson will create detailed electrical schematics for the electrical control systems of the automated machines developed by AG Russell.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All essential functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. Employees needing or requesting reasonable accommodation should contact the Human Resources Manager.
- Create electrical schematics per Electrical Engineering directions
- Sustain expert level capability in using AutoCAD Electrical symbols and PLC symbols
- Sustain a working knowledge of model/layout space and dimension components
- Be able to create/generate reports (Bill of Material, etc.) from the electrical schematics
- Create Bills of Material for the Purchasing Department
- Work with others: (Engineers, Project Managers, Customers, and Vendors etc.)
- Work with the AGR personnel and customers throughout the build process to provide the most efficient sharing of information
- Perform all activities in conformance with the AGR Quality System and ISO procedures
- Quality Policy is followed; effectively follows ISO procedures
- Demonstrate application of acquired knowledge from Lean training
- Knowledge and experience with electrical systems and codes
- Basic computer knowledge
- CAD drawing experience
- Familiarity with drawing standards and ISO9001 standards related to drawing configuration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Occasional risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Material handling equipment is available at all times.
- Regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Overtime is on an as needed basis and at the direction of the Electrical Controls Engineering Manager.
No Travel Required
Preferred Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent – AS degree in Electrical drafting or equivalent preferred.