As a Control Systems Engineer you will generate controls designs and write control programs for machinery built by AGR. This position requires coordination with Engineers, Project Managers, Customers and Vendors. You will be expected to use a high level of judgment and experience to make robust, effective equipment. Work to be performed at the lowest cost consistent with quality standards, design requirements and completion schedules.
- Design controls for world-class quality industrial machinery.
- Be responsible for overall control system concept and design along with project deployment responsibility while working with designers, drafts people and technicians within the electrical department.
- Create Bills of Material.
- Be part of a collaborative and cooperative design team
- Produce automation system programs such as PLC, HMI, , Robotics etc.
- Work closely with the AGR and customer project teams throughout the build process for a high level of productive collaboration.
- Work in concert with the AGR Quality System and ISO procedures.
- Assure that Quality Policy and ISO procedures are followed.
- Demonstrate the application of acquired knowledge from Lean training.
You should know and have experience with: Requirements
- Electrical systems and codes
- Advanced computer knowledge
- Vision System programming and interface
- Robot system design, programming and implementation
- Pneumatic systems design and implementation
- Overall control system hardware design, specification and implementation
- Rockwell Automation PLC and motion control platforms
- High level languages (Visual Basic, C#, etc.)
- IT and OT networking
- SQL based plant floor data gathering systems
- CAD drawing experience using AutoCAD Electrical and/or Solid Works Electrical
- How to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Writing reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- How to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, co-workers, customers and vendors.
- How to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- How to critically think.