- Design controls for industrial machinery of world-class quality.
- Responsibility for overall control system concept and design along with project deployment responsibility while working with designers, drafts people and technicians within the electrical department.
- Create and draw electrical schematics in conformance to specifications.
- Create Bills Of Material for the Purchasing Department.
- Work with others: (Mechanical Engineers, Project Managers, Customers, Vendors etc.)
- Develop control concept with input from others and customer specifications.
- Write control programs: PLC, HMI, Motor Control, Robotics etc.
- Conform to all applicable safety standards for industrial machinery.
- Work with the AGR personnel and customers throughout the build process to provide the most efficient sharing of information.
- Perform all activities in conformance with the AGR Quality System and ISO procedures.
- Assure that Quality Policy and ISO procedures are followed.
- Demonstrate application of acquired knowledge from Lean training.
- Travel to customer’s plants for installation or service.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 10 years of on the job experience in a directly related job
- Knowledge and experience with electrical systems and codes
- Advanced computer knowledge and concepts
- Knowledge and experience in Vision System programming and interface
- Knowledge and experience in robot system design, programming and implementation
- Knowledge and experience in Rockwell Automation motion control platforms
- Knowledge and experience in high level languages (Visual Basic, C#, etc.)
- CAD drawing experience using AutoCAD Electrical
- PLC programming experience with a heavy concentration using RSLogix 5000
- Must be willing to travel if necessary
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.