The crib attendant is responsible for requisitioning, verifying and allocating goods and services used by the organization. Also provide tools and supplies to workers engaged in activities supporting the organization. Individual(s) will be responsible for providing feedback to others in an effort to maintain minimum inventory levels of standard components and supplies. Individual(s) must be able to prioritize tasks and be able to multitask as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All essential functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. Employees needing or requesting reasonable accommodation should contact the Human Resources Manager.
- Review job release sheets and requisition needed items by updating the ERP system.
- Receive, verify and allocate ordered goods and services to job specific areas or stock inventory.
- Notify proper personnel when item is not acceptable due to errors or damage.
- Allocate manufactured items to job specific areas or stock inventory.
- Process paperwork accurately and on time so associates are not looking for packing slips, receivers, invoices, etc.
- Work with purchasing and/or other personnel when items need to be returned, creating Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) forms.
- Maintain part prints in job specific areas until requested by shop personnel.
- Update information in the ERP system in a timely manner as required so that start assembly dates are accurately analyzed.
- Advise Planner in a timely manner when problems that will adversely affect start assembly dates occur.
- Provide company personnel with crib items and supplies.
- Provide, or direct others, with build kits for assembly tasks.
- Be consistently at work and punctual; clock job times accurately.
- Support and encourage our LEAN culture
- Maintain a safe environment
- Follow AGR safety policies without exception
- Maintain an orderly work area and set a daily cleanup schedule
- Maintain and encourage all 5s activities.
- Keep crib in a neat and organized condition.
- Requisition needed tools and supplies using historical data, knowledge and need in an effort to operate crib in the most cost effective manner.
- Expedite delivery of goods to users when required.
- Observe company policy, safety and security procedures.
- Perform all activities in conformance with the AGR Quality System and ISO procedures.
- Knowledge of assembly and manufacturing methods, materials and operations
- Knowledge of commercial items and ability to identify electrical components.
- Ability to organize, negotiate and schedule effectively.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Work well with groups in problem solving situations.
- Ability to communicate well in written, electronic and verbal forms of communication.
- Valid driver’s license and US passport
- Maintain professional and ethical behavior in all situations and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to analyze quotes and verify pricing.
- Knowledge of the ERP system, Email, and Spreadsheet software
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel if required.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasional risk of electrical shock.
- Moderate noise level.
- Limited exposure to oils, solvents or adhesives
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Material handling equipment is available at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hands for a variety of tasks.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit, occasionally to climb, balance, stoop, kneel.
- Frequently lift 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Good vision and eye / hand coordination.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Overtime is on an as needed basis and at the direction of the manager.
Travel with reasonable notice, for installation, training and service work.
Preferred Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent
1-3 years of manufacturing experience working with secondary suppliers.