The Lead Technical Writer will create and revise complex technical documents such as reference manuals and installation, assembly and work instructions for automated parts feeding and assembly systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All essential functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. Employees needing or requesting reasonable accommodation should contact the Human Resources Manager.
- Technical understanding of mechanical and electrical assembly systems.
- Ability to present complex systems in writing so others will understand.
- Modify existing and create well-organized, comprehensive technical reference manuals.
- Write a variety of installation, assembly and work instructions.
- Technical understanding of automated part feeding and assembly systems.
- Ability to understand and create documents to meet customer requirements.
- Understanding of technical equipment;
- Set-up documentation and manuals
- Maintenance manuals.
- Ability to utilize SolidWorks and navigate file structures/vaults to obtain needed prints.
- Ability to communicate with production and engineering personnel to become familiar with product technologies, terminology and production methods.
- Ability to coordinate completion of all required customer documentation through collaboration with project management, production, and engineering personnel.
- Ability to effectively track and communicate documentation completion status through use of Microsoft Word/Excel/Project/etc. to project team(s) and engineering manager(s).
- Ability to lead and/or work with/in a technical documentation team of varying skill levels and experience to deliver consistent and high-quality documentation.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups and product samples to integrate and define technology, operating procedure, production sequence and detail.
- Create and select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts to clearly illustrate material.
- Excellent command of the English Language, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer literate and highly proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, ADOBE, Photoshop.
- Able to proofread and correct technical texts.
- Working knowledge of high volume technically complex, manufacturing.
- Experience with the production of documents within a GMP regulated environment.
- Experience with medical device manufacturing or another FDA regulated environment.
- Familiarity with the language used in manufacturing, engineering, and quality assurance.
- A self-starter, able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced, clerical/engineering environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to provide training and guidance to entry level technical writers or engineering personnel.
- Demonstrate application of acquired knowledge from Lean training.
- Be consistently at work and punctual, clock job times accurately.
- Perform all activities in conformance with the AGR Quality Policy and ISO procedures.
- Familiar with ISO9001.
- Ability to properly format and release ISO procedures to meet AGR standards.
- Maintenance of AGR training protocols.
No Supervisory Responsibilities
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Travel with reasonable notice, for installation, training and service work.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering design.