Summary: Work at the direction of others to build simple mechanical assemblies to engineering drawings or other documentation. Work may be repetitious due to nature of the job. Assist with the building of various workstations or equipment and to fabricate or alter parts as required. Work to be performed at the lowest cost consistent with quality standards, design requirements and completion schedules. Hours worked are the regularly scheduled hours. Overtime is on an as needed basis and at the direction of the Machine Assembly Head.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Assemble parts to engineering drawings, sketches or other documentation at the direction of others.
- Assist other technicians with the building and testing of workstations and equipment.
- Fabricate or alter parts as required.
- Communicate problems to Department Head or Lead in a timely manner.
- Work as a team to maximize productivity and quality.
- Provide assistance to others.
- Show a constant interest in learning other activities or skills.
- Participate in job reviews when appropriate.
- Document changes on prints for job reviews.
- Maintain fabrication equipment in good order. Clean equipment when breaking down setup.
- Maintain orderly work area and cleanup work area at the end of the day.
- Be consistently at work and punctual; clock job times accurately.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Demonstrate application of acquired knowledge from Lean training.
- Observe company policy, safety and security procedures.
- Perform all activities in conformance with the AGR Quality System and ISO procedures.
- Minimum of two years machining experience.
- Ability to setup and operate fabrication equipment including drill presses, millers, lathes, and sheet metal equipment.
- Ability to fabricate parts to + / – .005 of an inch.
- Knowledge of fits and tolerances and ability to assemble such fits.
- Ability to work with hand tools used for assembly processes.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings or other documentation and to work to verbal instructions.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Utilize most efficient resources for fabricating and measuring parts being made or altered.
- Be knowledgeable in math.
- Valid drivers license, US passport and ability to travel with reasonable notice.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Material handling equipment is available at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hands for a variety of tasks.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit, occasionally to climb, balance, stoop, kneel.
- Frequently lift 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Good vision and eye / hand coordination.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasional risk of electrical shock.
- Moderate noise level.