Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Measure equipment and construct skids or crates for machinery as required.
- Work with AGR personnel and / or riggers to prepare and secure all components to skids or crates so equipment is not damaged during shipment.
- Shrink-wrap and employ desiccant as required or instructed to prevent rust and corrosion.
- Assist other departments with material handling tasks.
- Deliver and pickup goods locally using company vehicles or delivery van.
- Assist with general housekeeping activities and facility maintenance.
- Notify supervisor of existing or potential problems regarding performance of assigned duties
- Deliver goods received and corresponding paperwork to the correct destinations and notify proper personnel when a delivery is made.
- Support and encourage our LEAN culture
- Maintain a safe environment
- Follow AGR safety policies without exception
- Maintain and encourage all 5s activities
- Be consistently at work and punctual; clock job times accurately.
- Maintain an orderly work area and cleanup work area at the end of the day.
- Observe company policy, safety and security procedures.
- Perform all activities in conformance with the AGR Quality System and ISO procedures.
- Ability to use tape measures and scales to accurately weigh and measure shipments.
- Ability to work with power and pneumatic tools to construct wood skids, boxes and crates.
- Familiarity with rigging procedures for handling equipment safely without causing damage.
- Ability to drive a forklift and completion of a Forklift Safety Training Program.
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner so shipments go out as scheduled.
- Knowledge of local roads and area highways.
- Ability to use a map and a GPS effectively.
- Maintain courteous and ethical behavior.
- Maintain confidentiality with regards to company business when interacting with suppliers and vendors.
- Valid drivers license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Material handling equipment is available for tasks.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees needing or requesting reasonable accommodation should contact the Human Resources Manager.
- Regularly required to use hands for a variety of tasks.
- Must be able to work with hands, arms, talk and hear.
- Must be able to walk, stand, kneel, sit, stoop and crawl
- Good vision and eye / hand / foot coordination.
- Frequently lift 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to manipulate heavy loads using material handling equipment
- Intermittent exposure to power equipment
- Potential exposure to oils, solvents or adhesives
- Potential exposure to dirt or dust. Gloves and dust masks are available.
- Potential exposure to moving mechanical parts and electrical shock
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Overtime is on an as needed basis and at the direction of the VP of Operations.
Preferred Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent
Prior warehouse experience.