- Ensure project goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget.
- Project reporting for assigned projects.
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement process.
- Understand and ensure compliance to customer’s specification.
- Create the project Scope Statement.
- Develop a detailed work breakdown structure (WBS), based on what was sold, for the purpose of monitoring and controlling scope and estimating.
- Ensure compliance with all required government codes, e.g., OSHA, CE, UL, NFPA, EPA, etc.
- Escalate identified budget or schedule issues that cannot be resolved by the Core project team, to management.
- Estimates labor hours and material to complete the project on a weekly basis (ETC).
- Create a detailed budget plan and cash flow, based on the project WBS, for the entire life cycle of the project.
- Identify potential budget issues/risks: make a plan to avoid or mitigate; implement the plan successfully.
- Identify potential budget opportunities: make a plan to reduce cost based on the opportunity, implement the plan for cost reduction.
- Develop a detailed project schedule based on the WBS.
- Identify labor resource issues and avoid or mitigate to stay on schedule.
- Identify material delivery issues and expedite through procurement and/or engineering to stay on schedule.
- Negotiate with department coordinators for staff assignments to the project team.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates project activities.
- Establishes and maintains timely written communications with all team members.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to department coordinators and management.
- Facilitates team and customer meetings effectively.
- Act as primary customer contact.
- Provides strong leadership to team; mediates and resolves team conflicts.
- Participates in design reviews.
- Conducts team meetings on a weekly basis to review project status and provide information and guidance to team members.
- Monitors / coordinates milestone approvals and payments with customer and staff.
- Coordinates with QA all machine acceptance run-off activities (develop matrix, conduct internal and customer runs, document results).
- Follows safety rules and keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Adhere to and promote company ethical practices and rules.
- Maintain an awareness of Good Practices for project management and implement what is appropriate for AGR.
- Demonstrated consistent successful performance on large size projects OR multiple medium size projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to assist PM Department Manager to manage, guide and provide necessary assistance to peers and entire department during his/her absence.
- Significant experience managing a cross functional project team.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong computer skills — word processing, spreadsheet.
- Highly proficient with MS Project
Supervisory Responsibility This position has not supervisory responsibility
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Able to lift 5 – 10 lbs. routinely (binders, office items, small boxes), occasionally lift up to 50 lbs (project supplies, heavier boxes, etc.)
- Able to sit for extended periods
- Hand and finger dexterity to operate a keyboard, mouse, and write
- Able to physically participate in training sessions, meetings, and presentations
- Able to regularly stand and walk
- Able to commute and travel locally, nationally and internationally
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Travel Travel, with reasonable notice, is expected for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience
- BS. degree in Engineering, Project Management, Engineering Technology, or equivalent.
- PMP certification or equivalent training.
- More than 10 years managing a wide variety of custom automation projects, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.