The Sales Engineer role at The Arthur G. Russell Company is responsible for achieving sales targets by creating, sustaining and cultivating business relationships and opportunities with new and current target prospects. The Sales Engineer will coordinate and cooperate with several departments to accomplish goals. To be successful in this position, the individual must have a strong understanding of automated assembly equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All essential functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. Employees needing or requesting reasonable accommodation should contact the Human Resources Manager.
- Develops and maintains relationships with potential and existing customers in the automated assembly equipment field.
- Identifies and locates new customers through a variety of methods including networking and cold calls.
- Develops and implements strategies for sales of automated assembly equipment.
- Applies knowledge of automated assembly equipment to interpret the needs of customers.
- Attends industry events such as trade shows.
- Identifies and grows into new markets that support AGR’s core expertise.
- Serves as an advisor to our customers by being able to clearly define equipment from a high level to the detail of a specific customized solution.
- Develops and presents a business case for new opportunities to management team.
- Understands industry and market trends related to customer or potential customer and translate into targeted opportunities.
- Be consistently at work and punctual.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Demonstrate application of acquired knowledge from Lean training
- Observe company policy, safety and security procedures.
Perform all activities in conformance with the AGR Quality System and ISO procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Thorough understanding of equipment to be sold
- Organized with attention to detail
- Able to work independently
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with customers
- Strong sense of personal accountability and performance
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Travel to meet with customers or potential customers will be required between 25% – 45% of the time or as necessary.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or related field
- 5 years’ experience in capital equipment sales